The Collective of Applied Law & Legal Realism (CALR) is the rapid delivery mechanism of AmerBON, Advocates’ pro bono services.
CALR hosted the Legal Aid Chit Chat Clinic No. 6 on 2 June 2020 to examine the future of sports in light of the pandemic and to deliberate on other issues faced by the sporting world.
The topics discussed included:
- impact of COVID-19 on people involved in sports
- repercussions of social distancing on triathlons, floorball, e-sports, and cosplay
- human rights issues in sports, including racism, sexual/gender harassment, modern slavery in supply chains for sports clothing and equipment, and the classification of transgender or transsexual individuals in sports events
- affirmative action in sports
- lack of funding for sports development in Malaysia
This recording can also be accessed at CALR’s Facebook page.